Re: perforated letters (not only in) iceweasel

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:16:22 +0200, Christoph Groth wrote:
>
>> since several months I observe a strange problem mostly in iceweasel
>> (from current Debian testing), but also occasionally in other
>> applications: quite often one or a few characters on a web page lack
>> some parts of them (for example, there is a horizontal
>> background-colored line in the lower part of an "h").  The error affects
>> only some characters of some fonts of a certain size.  All identical
>> characters of same font and size are always affected equally.  A cropped
>> screen shot which illustrates the problem is attached to this message.
>
> (...)
>
> Mmm, could it be related to this bug? :-?
>
> xserver-xorg-video-intel: partial display corruption / mostly text / Mobile 945GM

At least the second part of my problem (not the perforated letters) looks
very similar.  I would not be surprised if the perforated letters had
the same cause.

Thank you for finding this bug report.  It was not yet there last time I
checked...

Christoph