Re: iceweasel seg faults when closing tabs

In <[🔎] 20100923212652.3496e5ac@windy.deldotd.com>, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:45:37 -0700
><briand@aracnet.com> wrote:
>> Gdk-WARNING **: XID collision, trouble ahead
>
>doh!  strong evidence that it's the flash plugin.  damn, I really
>should take my own advice.
>
>oooooh, how I hate flash.....

Uninstall Adobe Flash, clear all your cookies, install Gnash and its Mozilla
plugin, and try it out.  It's relatively painless to move back if it doesn't
suit your needs.[1]  Gnash in testing is supposed to have 100% of YouTube.com
videos working, and some other sites use similar enough video embedding that
they work as well.

If it doesn't work in Gnash, I simply do without it.  But, even if your desire
for flash contest exceeds your dedication to Free Software, it is worth a try.
I imagine the Gnash maintainers are actually more interested resolving issues
on Debian (and other Free OSes) than Adobe.

[1] Just reverse the process -- uninstall Gnash, clear your cookies, reinstall
Adobe Flash.