Re: wireless quits every few hours [SOLVED]

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
<raju.mailinglists@gmail.com> wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>> I wonder why the linux driver for one of the oldest standard wifi
>> cards (Cisco aironet) doesn't work properly, but Windows does.  Don't
>> see that too often.
>>
>> John
>
> If there is room for experimentation, I'd install a newer kernel and see if
> the problem goes away.

I think I'll pass on that, since Squeeze will come along one of these days.

When I started this thread, my wireless on Linux crashed so often it
was unbearable!  After this thread, and people had given me good
ideas, it ran for days!  Go figger.

ANYWAY, it finally crashed again.   I can now confirm, after a crash I
can fix my wireless networking without a reboot, like this:

root@thinkpad:/home/john# modprobe -r airo
root@thinkpad:/home/john# modprobe -a airo
root@thinkpad:/home/john# /etc/init.d/networking start

My thanks to everybody for the great advice.

John