Re: Lenny: howto install other packages then the default ones ???

Kristoff Bonne wrote:

Hi,

I have a pretty anoying problem.

We have just installed a new server to replace an older one. For this one, we have chosen Deian Lenny instead of Debian Etch

Now we have a problem with "mrtg", more specially the "rrd-part" of it.

The bug is know. It exists in rrdtool 1.3.1-4 and seams to be solved in 1.3.7-1.

So how do I upgrade Lenny to this new version of rrd-tool?
Remove it and create it from source?

The packages impacted are
librrd4
linrrds-perl
rrdtool

(all running 1.3.1-4).

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

Try the shiny new official Debian backports service:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=rrdtool
&
http://wiki.debian.org/Backports

Berni