Re: why permissions denied?

Jochen Schulz wrote:
hugo vanwoerkom:
As root I compiled a module.

What is "a module"? Some stand-alone program? Usually, people mean
"kernel modules" when talking about modules and these are not meant to
be executed.

Then I try to execute it and I get 'permissions denied'

Check the mount options for the filesystem you are working on.  Run
'mount' withour any arguments and search for the options in parantheses.
If there is "noexec" in it, you are not allowed to run programs from
this filesystem. If you are root, you can edit /etc/fstab and remove
that option. But beware that you can more or less break your system when
messing with this file.

My bad. I forgot to mount the disk with -o exec

Hugo