Re: Question about CVE-2010-3081

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:13:37 -0500, ~Stack~ wrote:

(...)

> When I first saw the Debian advisory[1] I just brushed it off and
> thought nothing of it. It seemed to have already been patched so I would
> simply update the next time I saw that there was a kernel update.
> However, the tracker[2] is still showing it to be vulnerable in Squeeze.

As per this source:

***
http://secure-testing-master.debian.net/

Limitations

For several reasons, the security support for testing cannot be expected
to be of the same quality as for Debian's stable branch:

* Updates for testing-security usually receive less testing than updates
for stable-security.
* Testing is changing all the time which increases the likelihood of
problems with the build infrastructure. Such problems can delay security
updates in testing.
***

I'm afraid we'll have to wait a bit.

It should be underway, though, as seems already fixed in unstable.

http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/status/release/testing?show_high_urgency=1

Greetings,

--
Camaleón