Re: Viewing Office 2007 files

Dne, 19. 09. 2010 15:41:40 je T o n g napisal(a):
Hi,

It's so annoying that Ms changes its file format again and people started to jumping ships. I can't view any of the Office 2007 files that people
sent me. What's your solution to it (word and excel)?

Thanks

You could kindly notify them that, while you have the latest softwares installed on your "office" computer, you don't have them installed on your laptop/netbook, and can't install them on your smartphone. Given that you're, say, a freelancer who's a lot on the road, it would enable you to get back to them sooner (hours, days, and sometimes weeks sooner) if they could kindly send you more "universal" document formats. You could even hint that, according to certain Internet reports, some of the newest formats are still quite buggy, or support certain features in a less than satisfying measure, or even have unresolved vulnerabilities.

Several good points in case may be found in:
http://www.fsf.org/news/why-im-rejecting-your-email-attachment
and, of course, in:

Regards,

Klistvud