Re: RS232-to-USB adapter with dial-up modem

S D wrote:
Hi,

I have a RS-232 external dial-up modem that I use from time to time. It works fine when connected through a RS-232 port. I'd like to use the modem with another PC that doesn't have a RS-232 port, so I bought a RS-232 to USB adapter cable. It's a simple inexpensive cable that doesn't seem to have any chips/processors in it.

Now, when I connect the modem through a USB port I can't get the modem to work. It doesn't even attempt to dial the number:

<snip>

Any ideas? Thanks

Have you tried a serial card?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166003