Re: Iomega 2TB USB drive

John Lindsay wrote:
Lisi wrote:

I don't know whther it is at all relevant, but your fstab appears to be trying to mount two different drives on the same mount point (/).

Lisi

Actually it is the 'mtab' that shows the two '/dev/sda1' entries. I'll try editing it and see what damage I can do!!!

Well, I edited 'mtab' as root and deleted the first instance of '/dev/sda1'. I then rebooted and here is my 'mtab' without doing a physical 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt' (something I do not have to do with the Kingston USB drive). Also, 'fstab' shows a mount point of '/' the same as my hda1. Does that make any difference? Still haven't found out how to make a volume label without reformatting and re-partitioning.

Thanks everyone for being very helpfully with this old codger!!

John