What tool would convert map coordinates ?

Hi to Everyone,

I need to convert map coordinates from Lambert II + to decimal degrees. I found a tool which works online on a web site, but the results lack precision : it gives degrees, minutes and integer seconds (no decimal after the seconds, while one second is about 30 meters of distance). More accurate tools are available for MSWIN, but I wish to use Linux resources. I have installed the gdal package, which I have successfully used for other purposes, but I don't know whether or not this would fit my present purpose. I don't have access to the GDAL doc, since it is provided on a strange format (dox), that I don't know how to use.

Thanks in advance for your help