Re: umount without sync

Scott Ferguson wrote:
  On 17/09/10 22:25, T o n g wrote:
umount swap? I suspect you mean "swapoff" (though I can't think of many
uses).

There probably aren't many, but one is to reclaim disk space.

For example, if you use swap files (as opposed to partitions) and the file
system containing a swap file becomes full or low on space, if you're not
currently using too much swap space, you can use swapoff to stop using a
swap file, delete that file, and then have that space available for other
files.

Daniel