Re: How can one compare two PDFs?

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:54:52 -0400, Mike Viau wrote:

>> On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:05:40 +0000 wrote:

>> I've only seen such advanced options in Adobe Acrobat Professional
>> products, but "diffpdf" suggested by Thierry is worth a try.
>>

> What is the closest GNU/Debian equivalent to Adobe Professional?

I know of none that matches 100% Acrobat's functionalities :-/

But there are some tools that allow PDF manipulation/editing and add nice
capabilities, like "pdftk":

http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/

There are another corporate (and paid) solutions such Cabaret:

http://www.cabaret-solutions.com/en/product/cabaret-stage

> I have been enjoying cups PDF printer so soft copies of my document, but
> never found a good PDF edit in Debian.

Not only in Debian but in the whole of the Linux ecosystem, I'm afraid.

> My squeeze install uses document viewer with PDFs, which does not allow
> corrections to be made.

A good PDF editor in linux is still a "To-Do" task :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón