Re: RS232-to-USB adapter with dial-up modem

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 01:43:45 -0700, S D wrote:

> --- On Fri, 9/17/10, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> Device is detected at "/dev/ttyUSB0".
>>
>> Have you tried to communicate with the modem using low-level tools,
>> such
>> "minicom"?
>
> No. Anything in particular I should try? Thanks

Nonthing special. Well, just that you can establish a dialog with your
modem by sending AT commands and even place calls. And minicom is perfect
for that :-)

If minicom is not able to dialog with your USB-converted modem, then the
problem can lie in hardware. If minicom just plays fine and communicates
well with your device, it could be a configuration/setup issue.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón