Re: Reg persistence usb portability

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:52:41 +0530, Kousik Maiti wrote:

> I created one persistence usb through http://www.linuxliveusb.com/ .
> Then add some packges into that.

By "packages" you mean programs or driver/modules?

Packages means programs. From the manual of the linuxusblive I got the info that driver changes would not saved.

> Can the created persistence usb portable through different hardware? If
> no then what modifications required to make it portable through
> different hardware?

I think you can have some problems with drivers to get all detected
devices working properly (mostly peripherals) in the LiveUSB (not in
virtual machine mode), but as long as you can get into Internet and
downlowad the required drivers (or installing them locally), you're done.

My problem is in some system its working properly. but in other system it unable to show gdm. I can access virtual terminals(means ALT+CTL+Fn keys) only.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón