Re: trinity

Hi everybody,

I wish to give a try to Trinity (KDE 3.5 fork) on Squeeze.
But as I do
    aptitude install desktop-base-trinity kde-trinity
it asks me to replace desktop-base & sudo packages with desktop-base-trinity & sudo-trinity.

Have you guy tested it? Is it safe to replace such sensible packages like the sudo one? And does anybody know why they "forked" such packages since they look very "low level" for a Debian system?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas.

PS: I have many issues using KDE 4.4.5 including:
- konsole slowness (improved today but still slower than konsole 3.5.x) and mouse cursor bug, - missing simple desktop features like alt+f5 (show window list) that seems only to be available when desktop effects are on,
 - kmix/pulseaudio miss understanding regarding sound card channels,
 - missing applets,
 - etc.