Re: Exception invoking org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority.CheckAuthorization

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 2:34 PM,  <peasthope@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Since a recent update to Squeeze, connecting a USB store
> yields this popup.
>
> Not Authorized: Remote Exception invoking
> org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority.CheckAuthorization
> () on /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authority at name
> org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
> name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by
> any .service files
>
> What does CheckAuthorization(?) want to see before the external device
> can be mounted?  A simple change in /etc/something?

Possibly. Maybe. From some Ubuntu notes to myself that I must have
understood when I made them:

/etc/xdg/autostart/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1.desktop
and
~/.config/autostart/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1.desktop

HTH. It'll teach me to save weird, uncommented notes...