[SOLVED] where did my ata drives go?

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:14:23 -0400 (EDT), Rick Pasotto wrote:

> Looks like I needed to run 'wipefs' *three* times to get rid of the signature.
> Both partitions now mount with either LABEL or UUID.
> Thanks for all your help.

Yes, nice work, Florian!  That was a weird problem.  I've never seen
"residual file system signatures" before, and wouldn't have known what
to do about it even if I had suspected them.  As my grandfather used
to say, "You learn something new every day, if you stay awake."

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :