Re: SSH & Rsync issues

 On 9/9/2010 5:56 PM, Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Sep 9, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Kevin Ross wrote:

On 09/09/2010 03:01 PM, Hal Vaughan wrote:
I can rsync to the other machine.  Using "rsync localfile tnet-web::threshNet-Public" works fine and the file is transferred.  BUT when I try to use rsync over ssh, it will NOT work.

According to the man page, your first example should automatically use ssh.  It does for me.
Do you mean the first example in my first paragraph, where there's no reference to ssh or the one when I list examples, where I use "--rsh =ssh"?

How can I verify rsync is using ssh?

I found a few comments in man pages that left me confused, but I read man pages on Linux, on OS X, and on the web and there were a few references in some to, "in future versions," so it's hard to be sure, unless it's explicitly stated.

Hal

Well, in my case, I verified it by the fact that on the server that I copied the files to, the only programs listening were sshd, postfix, and dovecot.