Re: making the web server also a dns server

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:42:43 +0530, Siju George wrote:

(...)

> I mean if the NS record is configured on the nameserver itself how will
> the IP of the NS record be resolved before contacting the name server?

AFAIK, in your domain name settings, you can use the FQDN or the IP as
nameserver.

In your bind9 configuration file you have to point "ns1.livingwaters-
international.org" to your IP address.

I would suggest the use of a secondary DNS server from another company,
just in case yours goes off-line.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón