Re: Maildrop problem

I found the problem. maildrop seems to not like it when it is called with the user it becomes to deliver the mail. When I call it from my normal user account, the mail is delivered correctly. And if I change the user=vmail (which owns the mails and maildrop does setuid() to) to user=mail, then everything's alright.

I'm pretty sure maildrop should not be setuid root, since postfix is
supposed to change to the user of the recipient before calling maildrop.

I would totally agree, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be possible for the reasons stated above. I will fill a bug report.

Also, getuid() returns the real user ID, geteuid() returns the effective
user ID.

Ah, nice to know, maildrop only uses getuid(), maybe that's part of the problem.