Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 00:58:19 +0200
Steven <redalert.commander@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use swiftfox, it's the latest firefox code recompiled to be more CPU
> specific in terms of compile time optimization.
> I find it to be pretty stable, also note that swiftfox is more
> up-to-date than the Iceweasel package.
> It certainly seems snappier than the vanilla firefox from firefox.com.
> Website: http://getswiftfox.com
>
> Debian packages and repositories are available.

I had tried swiftfox a wee while back, but it was both more out of date
than the squeeze ff and the AMD64 build didnt work, they seem to have
fixed both of these problems.

While I was comparing browsers I did some quick and dirty benchmarking,
results here [1]

With swiftfox AMD64 (downloaded from there site today) showing as
Firefox, both firefox versions used the same profile (xmarks, adblocker,
lastpass, flashblock and a few other gui tweaks).

swiftfox is noticeably faster than iceweasel, so thats a keeper, thanks!

But Chrome still smokes them, if you can live with its limitations (I
can)

> Kind regards,
> Steven

[1] http://clients.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/results.action?key=4I7n
System: Q6600@2.4ghz (stock) 8gig DDR2 @ 800mhz Squeeze AMD64 with
2.6.35.4 kernel nVidia 260GTX with newest blob.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97