Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

Dne, 07. 09. 2010 18:15:01 je Morgan Gangwere napisal(a):
I can attest to memory eating on Iceweasel.

Normally, I use Iceweasel as my normal browser, but on the poor box I
have (a 1Ghz p3 Coppermine w/256MiB of RAM) I get this odd problem...
It just eats memory like candy, and I don't even /have/ flash
installed!

Gosh, can I relate to that!

Its not plugins its the /rendering engine/ and its /memory management
techniques/. I've seen a single instance of FF sit there and eat memory
progressively over 4-5 hours if I have 10-30 tabs open (Generally over
5-6 windows).

And that.
I should definitely change my browsing habits: only open one window at a time, with just one tab. And uninstall flash. And disable javascript.
Or simply use wine with IE 5.5 ... ;P

--
Regards,

Klistvud