Re: sid: Console problems after starting X

On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 17:32:12 -0400 (EDT), Joel Roth wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 05:11:29PM -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Aha!  failed to load firmware!  That may be your problem.  You should
>> always follow up on such messages.  Do you have package firmware-linux-nonfree
>> installed?  If so, you need to install it.  It is in the non-free section
>> of the Debian archive; so make sure that the "non-free" and "contrib"
>> sections of the archive are present in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.
>
> I installed firmware-linux-nonfree, and the *ERROR*
> message is gone. Also, the 'disabling GPU acceleration'
> message is gone. Which sounds like it can only be good. :-)
>
> However I have the same issue as before:
>
> 	First switch from X to virtual console: small font.
> 	Next switch: black screen.
>
> Thanks for your help with this.

Well, that needed to be done anyway.  Unfortunately, it was not
sufficient to solve the problem.  But it's a step in the right
direction.  Please post the output of your
/var/log/Xorg.0.log file.  Maybe it will give me some ideas.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :