update on Dell install - Solved

I have a Dell desktop I picked up from recycle shop at Univ Iowa a few years ago. It had a CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive. I tried downloading Lenny and burning to a DVD+RW disc, and that didn't work. I traveled to my daughter's house, and downloaded the netinst-i386.iso to her Dell desktop (also a student computer from the Univ Iowa recycle shop. I then burned the .iso file to a CD+RW disc. It works. Problem solved. Not sure why? I'm a happy camper. Problem solved.
Tom