Re: Debian GNU/Linux Lenny server automatically reboot

Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> writes:

> Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> I have Debian GNU/Linux Lenny system as a server machine.
>> I run on it Apache2 webserver, Moodle, etc..
>>
>> I notice that that it did reboot sometimes automatically.
>> Why could this happen? How can I inspect the cause of this event?

> You have several options:
>
> 1. attach a serial console, configure your kernel to send console

> 3. install a kernel that supports crash dumps and a crash dump utility

I have installed linux-image-2.6.26-1-686 with aptitude.
This is a debian package.

I have in config-2.6.26-1-686 file the line:
# CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP is not set

Must I install the source for this kernel so I can to compile it to
support CRASH_DUMP?

--
Regards, Paul Chany
You can freely correct me in my English.