Re: Since I've installed esound, no more sound from music, videos, etc., but I can now hear system's sounds!

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:09:03 -0400 (EDT), Merciadri Luca wrote:

> I just disabled system sounds, re-loginned, and music works. But system
> sounds won't work. Normal, then. But why should I have to disable ESD?

All of this is explained on the web page to which I referred you
earlier: http://www.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/tp600.htm
It has to do with software sound mixing.  If you follow the steps
there, you should be able to get system sounds and regular
alsa sounds working.  The fact that you are using OSS is a complication,
but there are drivers that will redirect the OSS interface to the
alsa interface and allow it all to work.  The web page is valid.
I just tried it again a few minutes ago.  Find a way to get to it
if you can.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :