Re: Backing up email

Op 29-08-10 19:25, James Stuckey schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> I have several email accounts that I'd like to back up. I access them
> through imap or webmail. I thought I could just copy over a directory on
> my box through scp but it turns out that the webmail is hosted on
> another box that I can't ssh into. How can I backup the email?
$ aptitude search imap | grep copy
p   imapcopy            - IMAP backup, copy and migration tool
p   imapsync            - IMAP synchronization, copy and migration

$ aptitude search imap | grep sync
p   imapsync            - IMAP synchronization, copy and migration t
p   offlineimap         - IMAP/Maildir synchronization and reader su

and also worth looking too is imaptool, which can also copy imap dirs.

Good luck!
Sjoerd