Re: install lenny on Dell

godo wrote:
On 08/29/2010 01:54 AM, Tom Poe wrote:
I bring up stuff on my computer, and it has an icon with CD-RW/DVD-ROM
drive. I downloaded a lenny i386 iso image, and used brasero to burn it
to a Memorex DVD+RW disc. I shut down computer, started computer, got a
blinking cursor for a few seconds, and then moved to ubuntu (installed
operating system). Does this sound like I have to go buy some other
discs, because my drive is too old, and can't read the DVD?
Tom

Sorry for stupid questions but did you hear the DVD spin? Is CD/DVD first in bios boot options?

Godo: I'm the one asking stupid questions. Checked boot sequence, and drive is first. I'm now going to try writing .iso file to image.
Tom