Re: debian-reference suggestion

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 05:13:52AM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:52:48 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> May I suggestion one minor amend to debian-reference?
>
> About having N/A for 'aptitude why' with apt-get/apt-cache, how about at
> least put 'apt-cache rdepends' there? That's what I've been using before
> 'aptitude why'.

I understand.  Thanks for your suggestion.

"apt-rdepends -r " does more but not exactly the same.

Question is do I add value to document by adding this here for novice.
Maybe no.  I can not come up with good way to update all en fr it ja
documents with minimum damage.  This provides related informatio but
this does not match text in description. (IMHO, suggesting people to use
apt-cache to do such task is counter productive. DR does not describe
everything by policy.)

I for now will not add this.

But if you find something which you think useful, please file a bug on
debian-reference with concrete suggestion.  (Not just I want this
described but with exact replacement text.)

Thanks,

Osamu