Re: Using an advanced video editor under Debian Lenny

On 08/27/2010 09:02 PM, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Months ago, I looked for an advanced video editor for Debian. Here is
> what I found:
>
> * PiTiVi: I can't make it work once installed. Many buttons are missing.
> I can't understand it. Maybe it's too simple for me (I tend to
> misunderstand simple things, seriously)!
> * Cinelerra: Nice, but there is not yet any Debian Lenny version. I
> tried to install it from source weeks ago, and I remember that
> compilation went terribly bad because some packages were too old/recent.
> I also tried from other repo, but to no avail;
> * Avidemux: Not a sufficient amount of functionalities;
> * Kdenlive: Looks nice (not tested yet), but I'm using GNOME. So, if
> there's another tool, better to install a GNOME tool;
> * Kino: for IEEE-1394, no interest for me;
> * LiveS: Looks really nice. Tried to install from source (with `jack*'
> stuff), but gives
>
> * OpenShot: Looks nice, but packages are for Ubuntu. I might consider
> compiling this one from source (but dependencies problems will be
> tedious to solve);
> * openmovieeditor: why not!
> * Kino: I can't get it to work as I want.
>
> Many years ago, under Windows, I was using Sony Vegas, and it looks like
> Cinelerra is the one which looks the most like Vegas. Any suggestions?
>
> All the best,

Hi,
I'm using Kdenlive (Squeeze KDE box) for video editing and it's more than enough for me.
Just for trans-coding: ffmpeg, ffmpeg2theora and Avidemux.

If you want OpenShot http://www.openshotvideo.com/2008/04/download.html look for "Build Wizard" on the page. It is python script for installation on Debian.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic