Re: network wl card is not dtected as it, is it a bios problem?

 On 08/27/2010 04:00 AM, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
hi,
I added to my machine PC P4, running debian and others, ubuntu, pc wireless card :, the same card I used it on other machine, it ran nice.

On my machine, the lspci  gives :
03:02.0  Class ffff : RaLink  rt2561/rt61 802.11g pci (rev ff)

On the other machine i have * Ethernet Controller* instead of * Class ffff*

I installed the divers firmware-ralink and other realtek ..... and network-manager, but nothing.
on other machine, that was enough to run it correctly.

and ifconfig dosn't give wlan0, iwconfig did't give characteristic of wlan0

does this mean that the bios didn't recognize it as  a network card

thanks for help

Are you using the same kernel version on the machine where it works and the machine where it doesn't?