Re: "*:80 has no VirtualHosts" --- again

On 8/26/10, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> How about your "/etc/apache2/ports.conf" file?

Bingo! Remming out the dupeNameVirtualHost line does the trick!:

<snip>

# cat /etc/apache2/ports.conf
# If you just change the port or add more ports here, you will likely also
# have to change the VirtualHost statement in
# /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default
# This is also true if you have upgraded from before 2.2.9-3 (i.e. from
# Debian etch). See /usr/share/doc/apache2.2-common/NEWS.Debian.gz and
# README.Debian.gz

# rem'd out by me:
#NameVirtualHost *:80
Listen 80

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
    # SSL name based virtual hosts are not yet supported, therefore no
    # NameVirtualHost statement here
    Listen 443
</IfModule>

</snip>

(I had the vague dim feeling that somewhere in the command chain that
starts and stops apache there *must* be a dupe of that thing, but Lord
Knows I was not smart enough to look for it in the obvious places.

Big cigar to Camaleón! Thanks!

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely