Re: Fascinating problem with bash

Hi again.

On 23.08.2010 21:45, Burton Samograd wrote:
> You might have to >> the source file name to a temporary file from
> the sourced scripts and then read that after the loop is done. Since
>  while seems to capture variable setting in its own scope it might be
>  the only way for what you want to do to work. It also seems that for
>  loops don't have the same variable capture that while loops do, so
> if you could somehow convert them you might now have to use a
> temporary file.
Okay, thanks. I was surprised by the behavior, since SHLVL didn't show
any differences between outside, inside the outer and inside the inner loop.

In fact I don't need the names (originally I used a counter instead,
using arithmetic expressions, but the problem was the same) - it's only
important to know *that* something got successfully sourced.

> ps. Whatever you used to format your code before sending really
> messed it up :)
Sorry for that. Sent it via the web mailer while at the office. That
must have caused the mess-up. I wasn't sure whether attachments are allowed.

// Oliver