Re: Adding UUID to a partition?

Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> writes:

> On Monday 23 August 2010 01:29:50 Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have installed Debian Squeeze with kernel: 2.6.32-5-amd64.
>>
>> In the fstab file there almost every partition has an UUID. Now I
>> want to mount a windows partition, but that hasn't an UUID. How can I
>> achieve to get an UUID to that partition too?

> The command 'blkid' lists  the uuid & type of all the partitions on
> your box.

OK, but what if the partition hasn't any UUID, because when the Debian
System was installed, I don't mount it so the installer doesn't add to
it an UUID? And now should I add to this partition an UUID, or shall I
use it as is, without an UUID? And if I should to add it an UUID, how
can I do that? :)

--
Regards, Paul Chany
You can freely correct me in my English.