Re: 2.34 Kernel Won't Boot

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:02:26 -0400 (EDT), David Baron wrote:

> The MB of the current machine is an older "AOpen" with a VIA chipset.
> The new one will be a Winsonic with Intel chipset. That has both SATA and IDE
> and my current disks will be placed on the IDE as now.

I don't have any first-hand knowledge of your hardware, but I see
that you are using a custom-built kernel and the lilo boot loader,
and you are having issues with the new libata drivers.  You might
want to take a look at my kernel-building web page,

   http://www.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/Kernel.htm

It addresses all these issues at some level.  Perhaps you will find
something useful there.  Pay particular attention to step 10, the
proper application of which is *essential* for anyone using the lilo
boot loader under Squeeze/Sid, whether they use stock kernels or
custom kernels.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :