Re: Cups+gutenprint color balance shot.

In <[🔎] 4C7008FE.6060106@verizon.net>, Gary Roach wrote:
>Testing shows that switching between CYMK and RGB makes no difference.
>Pure magenta, yellow and cyan print correctly. The ligh colors red,
>yellow and blue print correctly but none of the other colors on the
>color selector are correct. I don't think tweeking color balance is
>going to help this problem. There is too great an error.
>
>Thanks for any help you may offer.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you need to mess around with color balance and color
profiles on your OS(es), monitor, and printer.  If your pure colors are coming
out correctly but your blends are not, it almost certainly means that the
color curve being used by your printer is not the same as the one being used
by your computer.

I'm not sure about color balance, but I do know Gamma values, which may
matter, differ from WinXP to X11.