Re: gdm crashes unexpectedly every now and then

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 11:04:32 -0700, Peter Tenenbaum wrote:

> Camaleon --
>
> That certainly looks like my problem!

Not that fast :-)

I would look first at your xorg log, the cause of your X crash can be
totally unrelated to the bug's one.

> Now for my next ignorant
> question: where do I go to find the kernel command line, so I can see
> whether it includes a "vga=" clause?  I am using squeeze with all normal
> default options, if that helps any.

It is located in GRUB's menu file (in GRUB legacy that is "/boot/grub/
menu.lst", dunno for GRUB2.. maybe "/etc/defualt/grub"? :-?).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón