Re: Installation of Debian

On 20/08/2010 1:28 a, GIE KALIFA COULIBALY wrote:

I am new to debian, and I don't have an OS installed on my hard drive
yet. I was wondering if a finished debian Cd/DVD would boot off and do
the installation at the start up of the computer.I would like to have
debian as my main OS. I have a HP pavilon elite m9250f core 2 quad
2.66ghz 4GB, 2.0 x 500.0 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-300 - 7200.0 rpm HDD.

You say you have no OS installed on your hard drive so have no fear my friend; download (with another computer) and burn the cd/dvd of your choice, i'd go for the DVD1 if you have suffecient bandwidth, pop it in and boot from it and follow the instructions...
--
Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jangita@yahoo.com
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@gmail.com