Re: `Kernel debug information sent ...' but offline!

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:26:20 +1000, David Kinyua wrote:

> On 8/17/2010 11:16 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Disable "kerneloops" and you're done.
>>
>> I think kerneloops cannot guess your online connection status, so it
>> first asks the user if he/she wants to send the report.

> Not an answer per se but just to ask, are kernel bugs reported in a way
> different from other bugs?

Yes. But you can still use Debian bug tracking system and report there.
It's a user's choice.

> How does the automation work?

If you have kerneloops package installed and daemon is running, whenever
an oops occurs in your system, a window pop-ups and invites you to send
the report (automagically generated) to their site:

http://www.kerneloops.org/

Other projects provide their own automated tools, like GNOME's bug-buddy.

There are others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_reporter

Greetings,

--