Starting KVM with public bridge as normal user

Hi,

I setup my KVM public bridge according to
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM/Networking

But it doesn't say how I would start KVM with public bridge as normal
user. This is what I get:

 $ kvm -net nic -net tap . . .
 could not configure /dev/net/tun: Operation not permitted

Starting the same command as root runs fine.

How do you manage to start KVM with public bridge as a normal user?

PS. Debian shipped KVM with /etc/kvm/kvm-ifup but without /etc/kvm/kvm-
ifdown. So whenever I use kvm -net nic -net tap . . . , I'll get

 /etc/kvm/kvm-ifdown: could not launch network script

Would that be OK? Would I get more and more TUN/TAP interfaces each time?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/