Re: Music Player to replace Songbird

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:10:22 -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> My wife has a Phillips Raga MP3 player that seems to only work if the
> files are loaded by, or at least indexed by Songbird.  Since Songbird is
> no longer supported on Linux and does not create playlists usable on the
> Raga, she is looking for another player that will work with the Raga in
> place of Songbird.  Does anyone have experience with another player
> working on the Raga, or another Phillips MP3 player that otherwise
> requires Songbird?

Check out these links:

Songbird Preinstalled on Philips GoGear Players
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Songbird-Preinstalled-on-Philips-GoGear-Players

Philips GoGear RaGa (SA1942/02; 4GB) not recognised
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/media-player-info/+bug/528948

Not sure what are your wife requirements for managing/sync the device,
but as long as the system can detect and mount the player so you can
drag&drop files into it, it should be fine.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón