Re: kvm virtualization, consistent guest backup

Le 17/08/2010 vers 13:27, dans le message intitulé "Re: kvm virtualization,
consistent guest backup", Martin Kraus(Martin Kraus <lists_mk@wujiman.net>) a
écrit:

Hi,

> well my question was about how to do it without guest shutdown.

I am not aware of any software for doing this (ie backingup VM online with
appplication level consistency).

In order to minimize the downtime, you may try to save the state of the VM, do
your LVM snapshot and restore the state. Have a look at virsh man page for
more details.
But I *don't* think is method will  guarantee application/DB consistency!
Cheers,
--
http://www.glennie.fr
All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every