Re: squeeze install: Gave up waiting for root devices

Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> writes:

> brownh wrote:
>
>> I assume that the UUID assigned to my hard disk does not match the
>> kernel line in GRUB2. Is there any way to find out what the assigned
>> ID numbers are?
>>
>> Haines Brown
>

> Yes, as Boyd said, as root in the console type 'blkid'.

Yes, but thar's the rub! If I can't boot, I can't access a console,
but only the (initramfs) prompt. That utility does not know the
command blkid.

When I do (initramfs) cat /proc/cmdline, I see the same disk UUID as
that being used by GRUB2. Does this mean anything?

Incidentally, setting rootdelay=15 for the kernel didn't help.

Haines