Re: Installing Debian from USB stick

Jordan Metzmeier wrote:

On 08/13/2010 11:59 AM, Kousik Maiti wrote:
Try this

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:08 PM, James Stuckey <jhstuckey@gmail.com> wrote:

Could someone please provide me with directions for installing Debian from
a usb stick?

Please reply to my address as I'm not subscribed to the debian-user list.

I am a regular help on the Debian IRC channel, and I can say that I am
not sure unetbootin works for anyone. I have tested once myself, and I
had the same issue has the floods of users on IRC. "failed to find cdrom
devices". For this reason, we push the usb installation method
documented in the install guide.

I replied with a link to the install guide chapter to this thread once
already (this is a dupe).

You need to use the cheat code: 'rootdelay=10' it gives more time to find the file system, I install Debian and all kinds of other Distros, unetbootin works good, you need to use the cheat code.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu Lucid and Trinity KDE 3.5.11 - EXT4 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263