Re: Samba Difficultidw

Hi:

Thanks for the replies. First hdb/ is an extra drive that is being used for backup files and is not usually accessed. The permissions are the same as /home/gary. Second "Camaleon's ?" comments about samba have made me re-evaluate my approach to the network transparancy problem. I have taken a second look at Dolphin. It seems to have characteristics that will handle most of the things that I wish to accomplish. I need a little more tinker time to be sure. If I can figure out how to run applications using remote files, I think I will have all that I need.

Gary R.