Re: How to boot machine with newly installed kernel using presseed.cfg

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:07:19 -0400 (EDT), Ravi Roy wrote:

> I am installing new debian machine debian 5.0 - 64-bit. Everything goes
> well; as a part of installation using presseding, I am installing new kernel
> 2.6.33.3 into this machine, but I can not make to boot the maching using
> this kernel. It only boots from old kernel.
>
> Can somebody help here on this ?

I seem to recall seeing something on the lists about an incompatibility between
the 2.6.32 kernel used by Squeeze and the version of udev which runs on Lenny.
I assume that the same incompatibility exists with the 2.6.33 kernel.  If you
need a 2.6.33 kernel, I suggest you install Squeeze rather than Lenny.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :