Re: Spaces in names in /etc/security/access.conf

Le 08/12/2010 01:09 PM, Camaleón a écrit :
Mmm, couldn't be that here apply the same restrictions as for usernames?

Aha, I didn't know that it was so restrictive.
But actually, I'm lucky, I had read access.conf(5), but overlooked this in pam_access(8), which specifically covers my case:

 listsep=separators
     This option modifies the list separator character that pam_access
     will recognize when parsing the access configuration file. For
     example: listsep=, will cause the default ‘ ´ (space) and ‘\t´
     (tab) characters to be treated as part of a list element value and
     ‘,´ becomes the only list element separator. Doing this may be
     useful on a system with group information obtained from a Windows
     domain, where the default built-in groups "Domain Users", "Domain
     Admins" contain a space.

Which proves once again if it was needed that one needs to always RTFM a little bit more :-)

Thanks,

Laurent