Iceape Problem

Probably my fault - did some house cleaning and must have deleted
something I shouldn't have.

At any rate iceape lockup trying to download some graphic - the
weather.com radar map for example.  I posted the problem previously and
a responder suggested starting iceape from terminal window.  This helps
as an error message is written to the terminal window and closing the
window closes the locked up iceape window.

Initially the error message was
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer not found

I have another Debian Squeeze system that I have not upgraded in months.
iceape works perfectly on that system.

I copied npviewer from /usr/lib/nsplugingwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer on
that system, created the necessary directories in /usr/lib and placed
the copied npviewer in the directory.

At this point the error message changed to can't open npviewer.  The
ownership - root:root - and the permissions - rwxr-xr-x - were the same
as those on the working system.

Next I noted that on the working system the directory
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper has four subdirectories containing additional
files.  I copied and moved all of these to this system.  The current
entries in /usr/lib/nwplugingwrapper are:

/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/:
i386
noarch
plugins
x86_64

/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386:
linux

/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux:
libxpcom.so
npviewer.bin
npviewer

/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/noarch:
npviewer

/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins:
npwrapper.nphelix.so

/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/x86_64:
linux

/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/x86_64/linux:
npconfig
npwrapper.so

Now when I start iceape from a terminal I get the message

.: 4: 3: Too many open files
.: 4: 3: Too many open files

I realize what I have is pretty crude but iceape works perfectly on the
other system with these files but not on my current system.

How can I fix/install/delete the files iceape needs?

Tom