Re: Home Directory Privacy

In <[🔎] AANLkTik40voY-YM0r4S8U8Jsycxs4gCXoaLoueAtVw-y@mail.gmail.com>, Carlos
Mennens wrote:
>I don't understand why Debian defaults home directory permissions to
>755 where most every other major distribution does 700.
>why does Debian default to this
>method?
>
>Thanks for any info in understanding why developers elect this process
>as Debian's default action.

Wrong list.  While there are some developers here, debian-devel is probably
better.  Most of us are users with little to no insight into Debian policy.

However, the default group for directories also varies.  Debian defaults to a
group with the same name as the new user that only has that user as a member.
Other distributions default to a group named "users" that includes all the
"normal" users on the system.