read ext3 w/inodes>128 from XP

Hi,

I have been looking at windows apps to read/write ext3 partitions.  Odd
reasons comes up frequently enough that having a ntfs "scratch" partition
doesn't resolve, when I have to be booted into XP--such as getting the
address to the latest stream I subscribed to.

None seem to work on ext2/ext3 partitions with 256 inodes.

My favorite, Ext2 IFS, calls >128 inodes a new feature of the latest kernel.

The suggested workaround:

|Currently there is only one workaround: Please backup the files and create
|the Ext3 file system again.  Give the mkfs.ext3 tool the I 128 switch.
|Finally, restore all files with the backup.

http://www.fs-driver.org/relnotes.html

How inadvisable returning to 128 inodes?

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody